Volunteer Coordinator Internship
Assists Volunteer Coordinator with planning, organizing and implementing the facility’s volunteer program.
- Helps recruit, interview and place new volunteers
- Communicates with current volunteers through in person interactions, e-mail and newsletters
- Helps maintain volunteer database, files and tracks volunteer hours
- Plans and executes volunteer recognition on a monthly basis and specifically the Holiday Party in early to mid-December
- Helps to determine volunteer needs and schedules volunteers as needed
- Follows all company policies and procedures
Flexible schedule, 10-15 hours a week
The Volunteer Coordinator and Activities Director will supervise volunteer work.
- Interested in working with and supporting a volunteer program and learning about non-profit organizations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized and efficient worker
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Outlook and on-line databases
- Ability to be flexible and sensitive to the needs of volunteers, residents, families, caregivers and staff
- Respect diverse lifestyles, cultures, religions and values
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with fellow staff members and volunteers as well as independently.
Intern must be at least 18 years of age and complete a disclosure form for a national criminal background check as well as submit immunization documentation for Chickenpox (Varicella), Measles, Mumps and Rubella, Tdap, (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis) TB and the flu shot. Some of these requirements can be provided through Saint Elizabeth’s Manor.
To apply for this internship please submit a current resume and cover letter describing what interests you in this internship opportunity and what you hope to learn from you experience. All applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com